Saturday, July 7, 2007

The First Ultrasound!



The first ultrasound....WOW! Let me back up a bit. Most people only have an ultrasound this early if there is question of conception date. There was a slight confusion, and they wanted to make sure that they could try to get a date before it got to far along in the pregnancy. So, I headed off to get an ultrasound. Sat in a room with a big chair with a massive computer to the right of me, and a rather large flat screen monitor on the wall in front of me. Technology offically has blown me away. Michael was in the Northwest doing a kayaking course for NOLS, he was super bummed to have missed it, but we have pictures to show it, and i pretty much described everything on the phone to him...we all know me....I described everything I humanly could so he could feel like he was really there.

These pictures show the "little bean"....now the title is going to make some sense for you all! My first thought was...uh, it really looks like a bean. It was an inch long, and the heartbeat was at 171 beats per minute. I was dumbstruck to say the least! Check out our little bean!!

1 comment:

pinehurstpair said...

OK, it seems to me that the baby had Michael's nose - does anyone else see that??

We are THRILLED to be able to become grandparents!

Nancy & Steve