Tuesday, October 23, 2007

26 - 29 Weeks


I can not believe I have fallen this far behind! Life has become very hectic for Michael and I and I lost track of time.

These past couple of weeks have been pretty amazing. Obviously there have been some tough days, as you have read in the last blog, as my feet and ankles have experienced some swelling. But nothing we can not get over! The baby is more than active, loving to move around, and the best part is now Michael can not only feel it but he can see it as well. You can watch the belly and at times it seems as if it is turning completely around.

We finished our birthing class last week. It was a really amazing class, actually in many ways more important for Michael, as they really talk about how the partner needs to be involved in the process and be the support. Of course for me, I have no worries, I know that Michael is going to be absolutely amazing through this process. We have selected our doula and we feel like it is a great place to be right now.

The belly as you can see is getting big, officially gained 20 pounds, not too bad, but I am for sure feeling it now. The yoga has gotten quite a bit more difficult and the breathing more challenging. It is strange, I have the endurance to do things, it is just there is not enough room in my diaphragm to get the air in there.

The baby now weighs about two pounds, nine ounces and is 13 1/2 inches long, give or take. Kicking like a maniac, and looking more like a baby. We are working on names, got a girl name but the boys name is a tough one.

We hope everything is going well with friends and family. We will keep you posted!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should be sure to take some pictures of your belly if you can see a little foot or something sticking up!
It's funny how hard this is getting for the rest of the family! We want so badly to be with you through this process! I love you oh so much!!!

Isabel Aven and Sylvia Harper said...

wowzas! nice belly lady!

so glad to hear you got a doula (bless their souls, all of them!).

pregnancy is pretty miraculous eh?

Isabel Aven and Sylvia Harper said...

oh, and are you gonna share the names by chance? you're killing me. killing me ;-)