Sunday, December 30, 2007

37/38 Weeks


It has now officially begun...the waiting, the wondering, the anticipating...something...anything to happen. The full belly has begun, I mean, I know there was a belly there before, but now....now it is protruding unlike before, it is there when I wake up in the middle of the night and have to groan as I roll over, hoping to not wake my husband as there is a minor earthquake on bed as I roll. I have really truly felt lucky throughout this pregnancy, it has been smooth sailing and I have felt amazing....so now as the last two weeks are upon me....I get to be uncomfortable...98% of the time. I am ok with this...I have to be, what am I really going to do about it now.

Really though, I feel good. I have suffered from a numb right hand, seems to be some sort of pinched nerve, apparently something that can happen toward the end of pregnancy. It does make it rather hard to write, type, or work with a mouse...thus...working at my job has been more challenging...not only from the numb hand but from the overall excitement to have the kid and go on maternity leave for a while.

We promise to keep everyone up to date in the coming weeks. It is a waiting game, of which if any of you know me...patience??? YEAH RIGHT!! My first parental test, it is a good one, I need it.

Michael continues to be an amazing support for me, I feel extremely lucky to have a husband like him! He spent an hour getting the car seat all figured out for the car....what a guy! He continues to be my biggest support, and that makes me realize how lucky I am to have him around.

Happy New Year to everyone! We wish the best for you all in this upcoming year!!

3 comments:

pinehurstpair said...

The waiting game is being played from afar as we ALL wait, anticipate and dream. We are so proud of all THREE of you! So relish these strange last few days as a family of two (not including Fisher).....life will change. :-) And you will be fantastic parents. WE LOVE YOU!! ma

LITTLEBIGBAY said...

I hardly need to say, Hapy New year, for it surely will be one. Blessing on both of you. I am excited to SEE the bean. luv, Ros

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you all as well. May a smooth delivery and good health bless the entire family in 2008. We will all be waiting in anticipation for the wonderful and joyous news. What an amazing journey you both were able to share with us allfrom so far away. God Bless and Happy Pushing!
Mandy Gleason(Janoska)